That was a Great interview with Kevin Munroe. Thanks for alerting us Dan.
that’s an amazing interview!!
I’m really happy to read Kevin’s words! ^^
After a good week or so away from this blog, a few comments in order:
1) I’m very sorry to hear about some truly negative comments made by readers. As far as I can tell you keep comment “censorship” to a bare minimum as evidenced by many occasions of not-so-constructive criticism. So knowing that some readers contribute utter filth is really disheartening. Threats against your family are so vile there are no words for it.
2) We’ve known all along that you have Bonelli’s blessing, and one of the writers was on set. I won’t make names, but there’s a certain comic book writer that has never given a blessing to his material even when it resulted in a great film. So in the off chance that I personally dislike the result, it will probably be because *I* personally had problems with it, and not a case of artistic butchery.
3) I finally saw the TMNT film yesterday, and can see where DoN might be going. And I see a lot of potential.
4) I apologize on behalf on us modern moviegoers. We’re used to productions that give use weekly behind the scenes podcasts, updates on everything, teaser pics, up to a year before a film’s release. This movie’s very much alive, and I for one will cherish every little update without freaking out or claiming that the film’s in development hell.
5) Did I mention how ludicrously excited I am to know that an A-list composer like Badelt is doing the score!? Ok, I’ll break my oath to not ask for weekly updates or anything…. but a tiny snippet of the score at some point would put a huge smile on my face 😀
6) “People you always knew were zombies”. That’s pure, classic, unadulterated DYD right there. Makes me think that perhaps the trashbag lady I see all the time might subside on something other than spare change…
Great interview!!! This is what we need…but why the official site now in this moment is OFFLINE???
Are there any update??
I agree about mr Badelt!! So excited about him doing the score for DoN. I hope is somewhat similar to what he did in “Constantine”, love that score.
Oh, and great interview! 🙂
Thanks everybody for the compliments 🙂 But i have to thank once again Kevin and Dan for their helpfulness 🙂
The Movie website is down….hoping that means it is being updated to become something awesome with a trailer even. I hope they update the actor bios too, since what was there was rather dated.
Gee maybe we are getting that Easter Treat. Maybe a big Easter Egg hunt. 😉
It is down because the website folks are revamping some things, including one big change a lot of you are going to like.
I’m not that positive about the interview. Of course its main purpose is communicating with people who don’t follow this blog but I personally don’t find anything revealing in it. Most of the stuff Munroe is talking about were more or less confirmed 5 or 6 months ago, the only relatively new topic being the desk with the Groucho picture, which seems to be used for an opening montage of sorts (and hey, there were heavy hints about it when Dan first brought it up). The only good thing I can see coming up in the next few months is the update of the website. Other than that, I really don’t think we’ll be seeing the film before August (and yeah, August release is a bad sign for the prospects of any film but seems realistic to me at this point what with the lack of a confirmed distributor).
Social comments and analytics for this post…
This post was mentioned on Twitter by brandonrouthcom: DEAD OF NIGHT website down for revamp. One big change coming. Read more http://bit.ly/a4JHUg BRANDON ROUTH is DYLAN DOG….